Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Start Making Sense

The first panelists for Week to Week (from left):
Larry Gerston, Debra J. Saunders and Michael Fox
Photo: Steven Fromtling
Some website problems prevented me from posting this column last month, but you can now read my Marina Times Zippy column from the April 2012 issue:
ZIPPY
Start making sense
By John Zipperer 
Blame or credit Dorothy Crain. 
I was a teenage political junkie and Dorothy Crain – a longtime family friend – fed my habit by directing me out of the schoolyard-level discussions and arguments toward adult discussions of current events. While I was still in junior high school, she gave me a subscription to The New Republic, which became my political bible throughout the 1980s. When I visited the magazine’s offices in 1991, it was a tiny bit like touring Rome or Jerusalem. 
Nerd, I know.

No comments: