Friday, January 28, 2011

Magma Magazine – Digital and in Print

The other day, I announced the "publication" of my free digital magazine, Magma, which is filled with features and short bits all about the magazine industry. It's available for reading online or downloading from issuu.com.

Today, a treat arrived in the mail: A print edition of Magma's first issue. It was produced by our pals at MagCloud, an HP print-on-demand online service. I do love digital publishing, but my biggest affection is saved for print magazines, so it is wonderful to page through a real live print magazine that was created on my computer. Handling a print magazine instead of viewing a digital magazine is the difference between seeing a photo of the Himalayas and walking amidst them yourself.

When I transferred the file to MagCloud, I did not adjust the page size for MagCloud's slightly smaller trim size, so some of the outside margins are cut closer than I'd like. But other than that, it's a nifty magazine, and I'm proud of it. 

Check it out yourself. The free digital version or purchase the print-on-demand version.

No comments: