Tuesday, December 22, 2009

All the Stories I Did NOT Blog This Year

I often e-mail myself with notes about items I want to cover in this blog; then, when I have the time, I write them up and post 'em. Some of these might still make it to this blog in 2010, but others -- you will probably be relieved to know -- are unlikely to ever see the light of day in extended written form (as much as "extended" exists in this blogosphere).

So, in no particular order, here are the items you have been spared reading on this blog in 2009:
  • SFX design problems: I did note on this blog that I'd finally subscribed to this big British science fiction media magazine (in the wake of the death of Starlog's print edition -- *wheep*). But I've got problems with its design and layout. Magazine-geek stuff. I decided to let it rest for now; this might still get written up in 2010, if I get annoyed enough at the magazine's presentation.
  • An interview with my friend Pat Prince, who has resurrected his music magazine in online form: Seriously, this could be cool. Just haven't had the time to do it yet. But in 2010!
  • An interview with an online magazine aggregator: His office approached me about an interview, but before I could make up my mind, interviews with him were appearing elsewhere, and I didn't think I wanted to cover such well-trodden (well trod?) ground. 
  • More on the tea-party movement: It's the political crackpot gift that just keeps giving, or taking away, at least in terms of its role in debasing the health-care debate. But I just haven't the bile to spend the time to do this properly here.  
  • Behind-the-scenes looks at my ongoing process of designing my own new magazine: This, too, will happen in 2010. Not enough time in 2009. But it's a fun and exciting project.
  • Regular coverage of science and space news: Still not sure if I'll do much with this.
  • Interview with ultra-high fuel efficiency expert: I missed my chance earlier this year when he came to San Francisco. Live and learn.
  • A highlights/lowlights of the year in media: There are still nine days left in 2009, so this might yet become reality.

No comments: